At the foundation of the monastery church from 1484, The Prince Nikola was built castle chapel dedicated to the ‘Virgin Birth, and intended to the court the religious ceremony.
Bogorodicin Hram or Our Lady’s church is the parish church of Prcanj, dedicated to the Birth of the Holy Virgin. lt was made of Korcula stone in Baroque style. The construction lasted 120 years, up to 1909. Inside the church, there are two gilded altars, the only of their kind in the Boka Kotorska.
Gospa od Skrpjela
The construction of Gospa od Skrpjela
Our Gospa od Skrpjela (Lady of the Rock) is an exquisite anomaly which grew, perhaps, out of remorse for the heinous act perpetrated on St George. Around a small crag (skripio in Dalmatian dialect) local people started to built another island.
It began with the hulls of scuttled ships and was reinforced by stones carried boatload after boatload to form a seat for a votive chapel which in 1630 they dedicated to the intercession of the mother of Christ. By 1725 the original chapel of the Gospa od Skrpjela had been enlarged by the addition of a sanctuary with a distinctive octagonal dome.