The famous theater building in Cetinje, Zetski dom, at first was used, beside as a theater, for the housing archives, museums and reading-room with library. Building began in 1884, and finished in 1892.
Architect Josip Slade made the project. The premier theater play, “The Empress of Balkan” was held in 1888. Interior was modern and luxurious, just like in the European theaters with frizzes and painted ceilings. Recently, the stage is changed, interior restored and the scene has modern equipment for shows.