Stara Varoš (Old town) is located south-east to the confluence of Ribnica and Morača rivers. Stara Varoš’s boundaries are Morača and Ribnica rivers, Kralja Nikole street, and Crnogorskih Serdara boulevard.
The construction site was a naval shipyard named Arsenal, which fell into disuse after the Yugoslav Wars and the decline of the SFR Yugoslav Navy. The attractive lot on which the shipyard is situated was put on public offering in 2006, and was bought by Canadian businessman Peter Munk.
At the extreme north-western part of Zeta valley, at the confluence of the rivers Zeta, Morača and the Širalija stream, woven into the urban tissue of the contemporary Podgorica, there are the remains of the classical architecture of Duklja or Doclea and an edifice from the Early Christian and medieval period.
Jadran is a training ship powered both by sail and internal combustion built for the navy of Yugoslavia and now owned by the navy of Montenegro. It was built in Hamburg, in the HC Stülcken & Sohn shipyard, and launched on June 25, 1931. The construction cost 8,407,030 dinars, or 622,743 RM, and was funded in part by the Jadranska Guard maritime organization and in part by a loan taken from the Navy war reparations.
Adjacent to Cetinje is Lovcen National Park, normally approached by car, but accessible on foot. Covering 6.400 ha, the national park is dominated by Mount Lovcen and the Njegos Mausoleum, descending to the marshes of Skadarsko Jezero (Skadar Lake). Mount Lovcen has twin peaks, Stirnovik at 1.749 Meter and Jezerski at 1.657 Meter. The road from Kotor on the Boka Kotorska to Lovcen mountain is made up of a series of serpentine’s, each curve disclosing a yet more sensational vista below.