Biogradsko Jezero is a lake in Kolašin municipality, in northern Montenegro. It is a glacial lake, located on the Bjelasica Mountain, within Biogradska Gora national park. Biogradsko Jezero is located in the heart of Biogradska Gora national park, on an altitude of 1,094 meter. It is the biggest and most attractive lake of 7 glacial lakes scattered across the national park. It has an area of 228,500 m², and average depth of 4,5 meter. The maximum depth is 12,1 meter. The lake is 870 meter long and 261 meter wide. It is filled by Biograd river, a permanent tributary, and few periodical streams. Its outflow is Jezerstica.
Accommodation at the Biogradsko Jezero
According to the laws governing national parks in Montenegro, in order to preserve the natural resources and cultural heritage of the parks, no new projects can be launched. Exception for this is only for existing foundations on which a new project can be realized. For the Biogradska Gora park this means that no hotels are located in the park. It is possible to stay in one of the 12 bungalows on the lake of Biogradsko. Each bungalow has two wooden beds and all other bass elements for a pleasant stay, perfect fit in the landscape. However, these are quickly booked in high season. There is also the possibilityto pitch a tent for a small fee in the forest close to the lake. For hotels and other accommodation, one is designated to the city of Kolasin or Mojkovac. Kolasin is 20 kilometer away and a 30 minutes drive. Mojkovac at 11.5 kilometer and a 20 minutes drive. Of these two cities, Kolasin is the more interesting city, lying in a nicer environment and with a better touristic development than Mojkovac.
Best accommodations in the vicinity of the lake
- Bianca Resort & Spa – Surrounded by beautiful pine forests, the 4-star Bianca Resort & Spa in Kolasin offers views of Mount Bjelasica. It has a special architecture and dominates the cityscape of Kolasin.
- Distance – 0.3 km from the city center.
- Facilities : Bar with fireplace, Conference room, Wellness center, Free parking, Free Wi-Fi, Outdoor pool, Fitness center, Indoor pool, Hot tub, Jacuzzi, Solarium, Sauna, Restaurant, Massage, Hammam, Ski equipment rental, Ski equipment rental, Ski school.
- View offer >>>
- Rooms and Apartments Mirovic – Rooms and Apartments Mirović enjoys a quiet location on the Kolasinski River, overlooking the Bjelasica and Sinjajevina mountains and is 1 km from the center of Kolašin. The interior is made of wood and each room has a bathroom with shower. The rooms feature a balcony and some have a seating area and a private terrace.
- Distance – 1,9 km from the city center.
- Facilities : Restaurant (buffet), Wellness Facilities, BBQ Facilities, Free Parking, Free Wi-Fi, Ski Storage, Shared Kitchen, Ski School, Fireplace, Picnic Area, Shared Lounge / TV.
- View offer >>>