Monastery Gradiste is located about 7 kilometers east of Petrovac, at a hill overlooking the highway that leads to Bar. According to tradition, this monastery was built in 1116, on the site where once were supposedly Greek and Roman cemeteries. It is mentioned in the Charter of King Milutin, issued in Kotor 1307. The monastery complex includes three churches, the parochial church of Sv. Nikola and the affiliated churches, Uspenje Bogorodice and Sveti Sava. Also a monastery refectory, and a former school building that is part of a defensive wall with loopholes.