The Mausoleum to the Partisan Fighter on the Gorica hill is the final resting place for two revolutionaries and sixty-six national heroes of the People’s Liberation War (Montenegrin NOR), but also a central memorial site dedicated to all the World War II victims from the territory of Montenegro. It was visible from the city center right after the construction. The opening ceremony took place on July 13, 1957, on the Day of the Uprising of Montenegro. The whole complex is built in white, semi-carved stone that can be found in the vicinity of Podgorica. The special artistic value of the monument lies in its two memorial statues of “partisan fighters” ~ 3 meter high (male caryatids), which are located on the lower plateau, on both left and right sides of the mausoleum.