In the northeastern part of the field of Budva, on the right side of the road that leads to Podostrog, is the monastery Podmaine. There are no information when was it built but judging by it’s appearance can be assumed that it was a very long time ago.
The monastery was dedicated to St. Petko. The exterior of the church is quite simple, with a bell tower with three windows. The interior was painted works of Rafael Dimitrijevic, a famous painter from Risan, 1747. Iconostasis was made by the famous Greek painter Nikola Aspioti. There is also the “panagijar” of Maksim Mileševac from the XVIII c., built of wood and plated with silver, with figures of St. Trojice and 12 evangelists.
There are three old icons, and two large silver lamp, which were donated to the church by Krapovic Rade, a Venetian general, from the village Mažić (XVIII c.)