Sveti Jeronim is located in the old city, on the lower square, the Mico Pavlovic square. It was built in 1856. On the same location, in the 17th century there was a catholic parochial dedicated to Sveti Jeronim, the protector of the city of Herceg Novi. That church was torn down in the 19th century and on the same location the present church was erected, a much more spacious one. The church holds works from the greatest baroque painter from Montenegro, Tripo Kokolja from Perast.