The Sveti Petra is a church in Bijelo Polje built by Duke Miroslav, the brother of Stefan Nemanja. The inscription in the stone marked does not contain the date of the building, and it is supposed to be built in 1190. The Miroslav Gospel is written in this monastery. The Miroslav Gospel is included in UNESCO’s List of the World as one of the most important movable objects of world cultural heritage. From the very beginning, the church became a cultural and educational center in the Lim valley. It was a school for monks to learn writing and other disciplines.
The church is a typical example of overlap Romanesque and Byzantine architecture, the church is repeatedly repaired and upgraded, and in the 16th century it was turned into a mosque. It regained its original role in 1912, after the liberation of Bijelo Polje from the Turkish authorities and was re-established in 1923.